Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Records generated in the course of the administration and leadership of Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in Worcester, Massachusetts, by the Office of the President, spanning multiple administrations.
These are the records of the President's Planning Group, authorized by President Harry B. Storke in 1968 to "study the role of Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the engineering and scientific community and to propose to the President and to the Faculty detailed plans for implementation of this role in the future..."
The Physical Education & Althletic Department Sports collection contains materials pertaining to WPI athletics ranging from 1880 to 2007. The collection includes press releases, photos, sports programs, scrapbooks, newspaper articles, Athletic Council pamphlets, scorebooks, WPI Hall of Fame ceremonial memorabilia, and many other miscellaneous items related to WPI athletics. Nearly every WPI sport is represented within the collection, both varsity and club.
The WPI Class Collection is an collection of material accumulated from alumni and university offices. Chronologically arranged class files consist primarily of commencement, class governance, correspondence, class activities, newsclippings, ephemera and reunion material.
The records of the office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies are subdivided into subcollections for each Dean.
UA32.01 William R. Grogan Papers UA32.02 Frank C. Lutz Papers UA32.03 John A. Orr Papers
Official publications of Worcester Polytechnic Institute schools, departments, and student organizations.
This collection contains records from 1924-1984. Included in the collection are written histories of the club; membership, officer and committee lists; meeting minutes; newsletters; photographs and news clippings. There are also financial records. There is a photo album of events which the Foreign Students Affairs Committee organized and hosted.
This collections comprises four series: 1. Radio Club QSOs (Conversation Cards) arranged in three groups by date, country or state. 2. Contest log sheets 3. Adminstrative Files including meeting minutes, budgets inventories and membership lists arranged chronologically. 4. Log Books arranged chronologically.
This collection of records spans the years 1955-1984 and includes membership records, meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, and ephemera. There are additional records from the WPI Professional Group, a sub-committee of the WPI Business Women's Club, which later operated as an independent group on campus. Other materials of interest include a 11/2/1970 memo announcing WPI's acceptance of the club's request for women to wear pant-suits in the office.
- Repository: WPI University Archives X
- Technical education -- United States 3
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute -- Buildings 3
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute -- History -- 20th Century 3
- Educational change -- Massachusetts -- History -- 20th century 2
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula -- United States 2
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute--Faculty 2
- College campuses -- Massachusetts 1
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute--Staff 1
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute--Students 1
- blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- elevations (building divisions) 1 ∧ less
- Boynton, John, 1791-1867 1
- Salisbury, Stephen, 1798-1884 1
- WPI Business Women's Club 1
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute 1